The meditation for this month revolves around the heart chakra. This seems fitting for the time of year. The heart is a place for hope. And we have hope now for the coming spring. Thoughts of warmer days, and more sunshine are a pleasure and do not seem so far off anymore.We repeat the basic structure of our meditation below because we learn by repetition.You may want to have a journal ready so you can record any feelings, thoughts, and information you have after the meditation.
The basic steps:
- Sit relaxed and focus on the chakras from root to spirit.
- Stay silent as you feel the energy of each chakra.
- When you get to the crown chakra, imagine a sphere of white light pouring over you to protect you.
- Go to your favorite place and sit silent.
- Think clearly about your intent or purpose for this meditation.
- Get up and walk to your mentor, god, or goddess.
- Focus on this meditations intent. Stay a while and see if you get answers.
- Be thankful, and walk back to your beginning place. Stay silent, then let go of the chakra energies in reverse order.
- Place your hands on the floor to release any built up energy.
- Write about your experience in a meditation journal.
This is our meditation for February:
The meditations intent is the heart chakra. As you sit in your space, visualize the heart chakra and the heart. Feel its warmth and capacity for love. Visualize nature in a warm springtime setting. Green is a very strong color for healing. Visualize green trees and plants around you. Allow this positive energy to enter you heart chakra.
Feel the hope and joy of spring! When finished, we journaled about the joy of our hearts capacity for love.