Welcome to our new web site, Raven in a World Tree. Our focus is helping you bring the Old Ways into modern living. Catering to Pagans, Wiccans, and all open-minded spirits, the intent of this site is to help you include your spirituality in the busy-ness of day to day living. The information in this post is also included on our "Guide to Our Content" page so that you can reference it more easily during the year.
As spiritually minded people ourselves, we found ourselves forgetting to notice the moon overhead, or feeling unprepared for celebrating important holidays — and then just feeling bad about it. It can be so easy to forget to pay attention to the power of our spirituality when we are deeply involved in living itself! Things like jobs, children, and all the errands that go along with those take up much of our attention and time, often leaving spiritual connection a smaller piece of the pie.
We hope to inspire you to connect with your spirituality daily in a fresh, achievable way, and in the process help ourselves do the same. Raven in a World Tree provides a way for us to keep our connection to Nature and the Wheel of the Year active and a means of sustenance instead of just something else to add to the to-do list. We will blog about the Moon phases, Sabbats, and the times in-between those events, as well as giving you additional content to help support you. Each month, we will provide you with the following:
- Suggestions for altar "ingredients" for the following month, to encourage and inspire you to create your own altar.
- Information about the sabbats or seasonal holidays.
- Meditations and journal prompts.
- An essay on the current moon cycle (new through full to the next new) that focuses on that cycle’s position in the wheel of the year. For simplicity we have titled these, fore example, “Early Spring,” “Middle Spring,” and “Late Spring.”
- A "Spiritual In-Sight," which is a quick tip or suggestion for bringing Spirit into daily life.
- Help with transitioning from one holiday to the next, in a simple way that honors both.
- Other content to help you simplify and make your spiritual practice actually happen.
We’d love to hear your comments on the blog and on our Facebook Page so we know how you think things are going and find out what you’d like us to address.